Foreign Languages | Spanish
Why Learn Spanish?
Spanish is a Romance language originally from the northern area of Spain. It is the only official language covering the entirety of Spain, most Latin American countries, and one of the official languages of Equatorial Guinea. In total, twenty-five nations and territories use Spanish as their primary language. In addition, it is an important language in twenty other countries. Spanish is the native language to more than 400 million people, making it the most popular Romance language and probably the second most spoken language by number of native speakers. It is estimated that approximately 500 million people speak Spanish worldwide, probably making it the third most spoken language by total number of speakers. Spanish is also the second-most popular language in California, particluarly Southern California.
Mt. SAC offers beginning and intermediate, university-transferable Spanish language courses that include both verbal and written learning, taught by native speakers in both English and Spanish.
- SPAN 1 — Elementary Spanish
- SPAN 1H — Elementary Spanish - Honors
- SPAN 2 — Elementary Spanish
- SPAN 2H — Elementary Spanish - Honors
- SPAN 3 — Intermediate Spanish
- SPAN 3H — Intermediate Spanish - Honors
- SPAN 4 — Intermediate Spanish
- SPAN 11 — Spanish for the Spanish Speaking
- SPAN 12 — Spanish for the Spanish Speaking
- SPAN 25 — Spanish Literature
Click on the professor's name to visit his or her bio page.
|Martha D. Blakeemail@example.com|