Foreign Languages | Italian
Why Learn Italian?
Italian is a Romance language spoken by about 63 million people, primarily in Italy and Switzerland, where Italian is an official language (in Switzerland along with German and French). Like other languages written using the Latin alphabet, Italian has double consonants. But contrary to French, for example, these are pronounced long. As in most Romance languages, stress is distinctive. Of the Romance languages, Italian is considered to be one of the closest resembling Latin.
Mt. SAC offers beginning and intermediate, university-transferable Italian language courses that include both verbal and written learning, taught by native speakers in both English and Italian.
- ITAL 1 — Elementary Italian
- ITAL 2 — Elementary Italian
- ITAL 3 — Intermediate Italian
- ITAL 4 — Intermediate Italian
- ITAL 52 — Conversational Italian
- ITAL 53 — Conversational Italian
- ITAL 60 — Italian Culture Through Cinema
Click on the professor's name to visit his or her bio page.