Apply For Scholarships
Mt. SAC Scholarship Program
The Mt SAC Scholarship Program is NOW OPEN!
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The deadline to submit a completed application is April 17, 2017.
To review application instructions, click here.
Scholarship Opportunity Information
- Associated Students Book Scholarship
- California Real Estate Endowment Fund $800 Scholarship
- CCCSFAAA $500 Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Listing
Associated Students Book Scholarship
Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units;
- Have no more than 60 cumulative units completed;
- Have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA or be a first time college student;
- Be clear of all financial obligations to Mt. SAC;
- Have paid the Student Activities Fee for the Spring 2017; and
- Have a current FAFSA/Dream Act application on file at Mt. SAC and be determined to have unmet need.
NOTE: Awards amounts are based on enrollment - $250 is the maximum award amount.
California Real Estate Endowment Fund $800 Scholarship
Must be pursuing either a major in Real Estate
- Must have completed at least one college-level real estate course with a grade of C or better (2.0).
- Must complete 6 units (or the quarter equivalent) of Real Estate coursework during each semester or quarter funded.
- Can be full-time or part-time.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
For more information and to download the application, click here.
CCCSFAAA $500 Scholarship
The California Community College Student Financial Aid Administrators Association (CCCSFAAA) will sponsor student scholarships; a total of ten (10) $500 student scholarships, one (1) $500 scholarships for each of the ten (10) California Community College regions across the state. In addition, there will be one (1) $1,000 scholarship from the “Mariana Deeken, Well it Depends” scholarship fund.
Enrolled in at least 6 units for the spring semester
Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
Have remaining need of at least $1000.00
Applied for State and/or Federal Financial Aid
The campus deadline for the 2016-2017 academic year is February 1, 2017. Download the application here!
Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship makes it possible for the nation’s top community college students to complete their bachelor’s degrees by transferring to a selective four-year college or university. The Foundation provides up to $40,000 per year to each of approximately 85 deserving students selected annually, making it the largest private scholarship for two-year and community college transfer students in the country.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees – for the final two to three years necessary to achieve a bachelor’s degree. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by December of current application year, or a recent graduate.
Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in the fall of current application year.
Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
Have not previously enrolled at or attended a four-year institution.
For further information, visit the JKC Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
Off-Campus Scholarship Opportunities
To view a listing of scholarships provided by the Mt. SAC Scholarship Program Office, click here.