Sunday, June 17, 2018
Graduates arrive by 9:30 a.m.
Ceremony starts at 11:00 a.m.
Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario, CA
Congratulations! Graduation is an important, exciting day for our students, and we try to make it as stress-free and fun as possible.
Mt. SAC conducts one commencement ceremony a year, at the end of the spring semester. Fall and winter graduates are encouraged to attend the ceremony and participate in this event with spring graduates in June. Summer session prospective graduates are also invited to participate in the June ceremony.
BEFORE THE CEREMONY
Application for Graduation: All candidates must file an Application for Graduation with the Admissions & Records Office by Friday, May 11 to ensure that their name is on the commencement program. Candidates will be notified by mail about their graduation status.
Eligible Participants: Students who have applied for graduation at Admissions & Records Office for Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Name Verification: In order to ensure the correct spelling of your name in the commencement program and on your diploma, you are advised to check the accuracy on your student portal.
For specific questions about your graduation application, call the Admissions representative below who is assigned to the letter corresponding to your last name: (909) 274-4415.
A – G: Marjes Jackson
H – N: Becky Wang
O – Z: Mariezar Figueroa
Students and guests who need assistance (mobility, sign language interpretation, accessible formats etc.) must contact the Accessibility Resource Centers for Students (ACCESS) at (909) 274-4290 NO LATER THAN Monday, June 11, to request accommodations. Please note: The college does not provide Personal Care Attendants.
The commencement ceremony program will include notations next to graduates’ names who earned academic honors. Academic recognition for commencement purposes is based on cumulative grades for all college course work completed at Mt. SAC and any other college, through the 2018 Winter intersession. Phi Theta Kappa members, Alpha Gamma Sigma permanent members, Honors Program Scholars and students earning academic honors will be recognized. Students should confirm their academic honors status when they verify their name spelling on their student portal. Members of the Honors Program and/or Phi Theta Kappa must also sign up using the e-mail: email@example.com, by Friday, May 11 in order for their names to be recognized in the commencement booklet.
Those recognized in the booklet will have achieved one or more of the following distinctions:
- Academic Distinction: cumulative GPA of 4.0 in all college
- Scholastic Honors: cumulative GPA of 3.90-3.99 in all college coursework
- Honors: cumulative GPA of 3.75-3.89 in all college coursework
- Alpha Gamma Sigma: State honor
- Phi Theta Kappa: International honor society
- Mt. SAC Honors Program Scholar: Students who complete 15 or more Honors units with at least a cumulative GPA of 3.2.
If you have questions, please e-mail: honorsAT_mtsac.edu
- Academic Distinction: cumulative GPA of 4.0 in all college
The SacBookRac is offering special packages and prices for your cap and gown and graduation announcements, beginning Monday, May 7, 2018.
Basic Package A:
$58.98 + tax
Graduation Package contains:
These items are yours to keep as
a memento of your special day.
$88.98 + tax
Graduation Package contains:
• All of the items in Basic Package A, plus
• Graduation Hoodie
$184.98 + tax
Graduation Package contains:
• All of the items in Basic Package A and B, plus
• Diploma Frame
Additional tassels are available to purchase for $6 + tax.
Tassels, Cords & Stoles for Honor Society Students
Permanent members of Alpha Gamma Sigma may purchase gold stoles through AGS Chapter Advisor Lupita De La Cruz
at the Mt. SAC Transfer Center in Bldg. 9B, second floor. (909) 274-4501 or email: gdelacruz2AT_mtsac.edu. Please note: You must be a permanent member for 1 year to qualify.
Phi Theta Kappa members may purchase gold stoles and tassels at: http://store.ptk.org or call (800) 946-9996.
Personalized Graduation Announcement packages include announcements with a cover and feature your name, degree, and major into the text. “Thank You” notes, envelopes, address labels and seals, starting at $72.30.
You may choose from personalized packages or individual items online at www.cbgrad.com or call (800) 433-0296. Order forms are also available at Sac Book Rac.
Generic Graduation Announcements are also available for purchase at the SacBookRac.
Prices are subject to change. For more information, contact the SacBookRac at (909) 274-4475.
ARRIVING AT THE CEREMONY
Citizens Business Bank Arena is located at 4000 E. Ontario Center Parkway, Ontario, CA 91764. It’s at the corner of East Concourse and Ferrari Ave.
Graduates should arrive at the Arena with their caps and gowns no later than 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 17. Parking lot F is designated for graduates and their guests. Graduates will need to check in. The “Check-In” booth for graduates is located between lots “D” & “E” near the southwest corner of the Arena. Final processional instructions will be given to the graduates as they assemble and proceed to the back entrance of the Arena. Guests are asked to use the main entrance or other designated entrances.
Faculty/staff may park on the west side of Lot “C”. Lots A, B and partially C, will be used for overflow parking of guests. Accessible Parking for vehicles displaying a current state issued disability placard or license plate is available in all parking lots. Accessible spaces are on a first-come, first served basis. A drop-off/pick-up area for guests with special needs is located outside the Main Entrance, which is located on the Southeast side of the arena.
The Arena has three elevators that access all public areas of the arena. If you require special assistance, please contact Arena’s Guest Services at (909) 244-5520 in advance.
At the end of the ceremony, the floor will remain restricted to only commencement participants. All participants will exit the venue when prompted. Participants may meet their families outside the venue in Lot D.
Citizens Business Bank Arena is located at 4000 E. Ontario Center Parkway, Ontario, CA 91764. It’s at the corner of East Concours and Ferrari Ave.
Coming from the west, heading east on I-10
- Take I-10/San Bernardino Freeway East towards San Bernardino
- Take the HAVEN AVENUE exit (ramp is on the right-hand side)
- Turn LEFT onto NORTH HAVEN AVENUE
- Travel about a half mile NORTH on NORTH HAVEN AVENUE
- Turn RIGHT onto CONCOURS DRIVE
- The Arena will be located in about a half mile on the LEFT
Coming from the east, heading west on I-10
- Take I-10/San Bernardino Freeway West towards Los Angeles
- Take the MILLIKEN AVENUE exit (ramp is on the right-hand side)
- At the end of the exit ramp, Turn LEFT onto MILLIKEN AVENUE
- Travel less than a half mile NORTH on MILLIKEN AVENUE
- Turn LEFT onto CONCOURS DRIVE
- The Arena will be located in about a half mile on the RIGHT
Entry Inspections—All guests entering the arena are subject to a metal-detector screening by way of walk-thru magnetometer and/or wand, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by Citizens Business Bank Arena security personnel. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items and is for the safety of our guests and our staff.
Prohibited Items—For safety reasons, guests are refused entry by Citizens Business Bank Arena if they are in possession of prohibited items. Illegal items will be confiscated and turned over to the police. If a guest is found inside the venue with a prohibited item, the item will be confiscated and the guest may be ejected from the facility. Prohibited items include:
- Strollers (All strollers/carriers that enter the arena must be checked in at Guest Services, at a cost of $5 per item. Note, the Arena has limited space.)
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Banners and Signs (Graduates and guests may not bring decorations, large banners or signs that will obstruct the view of people sitting behind them. Citizens Business Bank Arena does not allow selfie sticks or signs mounted on sticks. Sticks on any signs must be removed. Only handheld signs and small banners are allowed in the arena.)
- Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
- Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
- Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or Ice Chests
- Illegal Drugs
- Large Bags and Purses
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc
- Professional Photography Equipment, Tripods and Selfie Sticks
- Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns)
- Any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the venue in its sole discretion
The commencement ceremony is open to all guests of the graduates—no admission tickets are necessary.
Family members and guests should be encouraged to arrive early, as there may be delays with entry inspections and traffic. Doors to arena open at 10 a.m.
Citizens Business Bank Arena does not allow a number of items, including strollers, selfie sticks and signs mounted on sticks. Please see Arena Policies and Prohibitions above for more information.
DURING THE CEREMONY
Throughout the formal portions of the ceremony, students are asked to maintain appropriate decorum befitting the dignity of a college commencement.
It is recommended that students NOT wear high heels but opt for comfortable shoes. It will be cold in the arena, so dress accordingly. Cap decorations should not obstruct the view of the people behind you.
- NO outside food, beverages, coolers, bottled water, cans, etc. may be brought into the arena. Guests with special dietary needs may contact the venue for assistance. Concession stands are located throughout the building. There are drinking fountains on the main concourse.
- Flowers are sold at the ceremony. No Balloons or wrapped gifts are allowed.
A professional photographer, GradImages will take photos of graduates during the degree conferral segment of the ceremony. Visit website, www.gradimages.com, and click on Pre-Event Email Registration. Enter your email and up to 6 emails of loved ones who would like to share in your accomplishment by viewing and ordering your photos. If you have any questions, please contact GradImages Customer Service department at (800) 261-2576.
Please note that Citizens Business Bank Arena does not allow guests to bring tripods and selfie sticks. See the list of prohibited items above.
Actual degrees are not issued at the commencement ceremony—only the diploma covers. Grads will receive official diplomas by mail approximately 12 weeks after the ceremony. Verify your mailing address by logging into your Mt. SAC Portal to review your address.
Outstanding Payments: Please note that if you have an outstanding obligation (such as fees or payments you still owe) to the college, we will not be able to release your diploma when it becomes available.
AFTER THE CEREMONY
It’s not too late to transfer! Our staff can connect you with university reps, arrange campus tours, and provide other resources to help guide you to your next goal.
Visit Transfer Services
Ready to tackle the world? Our staff can help you find employment that’s related to your field of study and training, and show you how to effectively use online job search resources.
Visit Career Services
If you took out a federal student loan while at Mt. SAC, expect an Exit Loan Counseling packet in the mail with instructions; this is a federal requirement to inform you of repayment options.
Mt. SAC Alumni Association is FREE to join!
As a member, you’ll receive an ID card and qualify for benefits and services like:
- Alumni Association e-newsletter
- Discount tickets to Performing Arts Center productions and Mt. SAC Foundation events
- Use of the Mt. SAC Library, Media Services Center and Career Placement Services
- Networking, mentoring and share resources with other Alumni
Go online and fill out the membership application at:
http://alumni.mtsac.edu, or call the Alumni Association
Office at: (909) 274-5443.
For more information, contact Patricia Montoya via email: pmontoyaAT_mtsac.edu.