F-1 Student Admission Requirements
Upon completion and approval of all application materials, you will receive the Form I-20, which is needed to apply for an F-1 status/visa. Application requirements for admission are subject to change at any time.
- Mt. San Antonio College Credit Application: Click on “Apply Now” on the menu at the top of this page. Include your confirmation receipt with your application packet.
- International Student Application: Click here to download the International Student Application.
- $50 USD Application Fee (non-refundable): The application fee is non-refundable and must be paid in U.S. currency (check or money order). Please make check payable to “Mt. San Antonio College.” Personal checks must have the account holder’s name and address pre-printed on them.
- Confidential Financial Support: Current proof of funding must be in the form of a bank letter or bank statement with official signature/seal. All bank verifications should indicate U.S. currency and be dated within six months of the term start date. Your financial sponsor (self, parent, relative or friend) must sign and complete the enclosed form.
- English Proficiency Requirement
Mt. SAC accepts the following:
- TOEFL (minimum score of 133 on the computer-based test, or 450 on the paper-based test, or 45 on the Internet-based Test). Information regarding TOEFL may be obtained at www.toefl.org. If you are mailing your score report directly, our institution code is “4494.”
- IELTS (overall band score of 4.5 or higher). Information regarding IELTS may be obtained at www.ielts.org.
- AWE (placement into credit course - excluding ESL). Information regarding the AWE may be obtained at www.mtsac.edu/assessment
- High School English Verification Letter: If you have attended an American High School either on foreign soil or in the U.S. for at least three years provide an Official Letter from Principal or Head master stating level of proficiency.
- Proof of completion of an acceptable ESL Level:
- Cal Poly English Language Institute: Level 5
- Transcripts: Students will need to submit copies of high school and/or college transcripts
- TB Skin Test: The result must be negative. If the result is positive, students will be required to obtain a chest x-ray. Results of a TB Skin Test should be dated within six months of the semester start date.
- Photograph: Students will need to submit a passport size photograph of them with the application.
- Students applying from within the United States: Photocopy the ID page of your passport, current visa, and I-94 (white card stapled in your passport). If you are an F-1 transfer student, submit a copy of your SEVIS I-20.
Email completed International Student Application packet to: f1visaAT_mtsac.edu or Mail completed International Student application packet to:
Mt. San Antonio College | International Student Program | 1100 North Grand Avenue | Walnut, CA 91789-1399