Employment & Volunteer Opportunities*
- Mt. SAC Career Center (job search engine)
Mt. San Antonio College's Career Center is a great resource for students seeking employment opportunities, mock interviews, resume assistance, and more. Visit the Career Center's website.
- EdJoin - Jobs in Education (job search engine)Edjoin is the #1 Education Job Board in the nation for jobs in education and used by school districts throughout California. You can find an array of job listings, e.g., credentialed teaching positions, instructional aide, tutoring, and many more. Visit the EdJoin.org website.
- Pomona Unified School Distirct College Intern Tutor (Paid: $17 per hour)
- Windtree Pomona (Paid :$22 per hour)Part-time Employment Opportuntiy. Windtree is looking for students who enjoy working with youth and have an aptitude for technology. We are especially interested in but not limited to students in the following disciplines:
Experience preferred but not necessary. Train and become certified to teach Robotics & 3D Design!Starting pay: $22-$30 per hour (paid training)To apply, visit www.windtreeeduation.org/careers
- Computer Science
- Business Management
- Cuemath Online Tutoring (Paid: $18 per hour)About Cuemath
Cuemath is a K-12 out-of-school math learning solution. We believe that students excel in math when they can apply it meaningfully in the real world. For this reason, our innovative math learning experience puts visual learning at the forefront. It helps students develop a deep understanding of math concepts by promoting creative reasoning and an inquiry-based approach. We want to help students understand the joy that comes with having a strong math mindset.
Applications are currently open for Cuemath’s first trusted math tutors to help make an impact on ourrapidly-growing customer base in the United States.
Cuemath connects students with empathetic, enthusiastic math tutors who want to make an impact.Roles and Responsibilities
Your role will include:
● conducting one-on-one online classes for students on Cuemath’s platform using active learning
● contributing to student learning by understanding their strengths and areas for improvement
● preparing for your tutor/student classes by going through the content assigned to students
● connecting and communicating with parents on a weekly basis
Skills and Qualifications
Ideal candidates should have:
● a thorough understanding of K-12 math concepts
● experience with university-level STEM courses
● proficiency in English (both spoken and written)
● growth mindset, patience, and empathy
Tech and Time Requirements
● be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week
● have a computer with a web camera (minimum 4 GB RAM)
● have a high-speed internet connection (minimum 8 Mbps)
Compensation and Benefits
● Compensation of $18 per hour
● Paid training: sign-on bonus upon completion of training course
● Work from the comfort of your home/dorm
● Flexibility to decide the time of your tutoring classes
● Receive a writing tablet for class use provided by Cuemath
To apply for the role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reach out to Ranjani Shanmuganathan at +1(289)-890-0370 for any questions.
- The Learning Tree - Afterschool Teacher (Paid: $16-$25 per hour DOE)
- Mt. SAC Academic Support & Achievement Center Tutor (Paid)
ASAC is seeking to hire tutors on the Mt. SAC campus. Hours vary and are based on center needs and applicant's availability. Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Pay range is from $15.25-24.00 per hour (effective January 1, 2022).
For more information, visit the ASAC website.
- Mt SAC Writing Center Tutor (Paid)
Writing Center tutors/Tutors in the classroom (TCs) are hired on an ongoing, as-needed basis. Interested applicants may complete an electronic application or pick up a paper application at the Writing Center in Bldg. 26B, behind the big clock. The Writing Center may schedule an interview with the applicant based on completion of the employment packet and verification that the minimum qualifications have been met. Submission of an application packet does not guarantee an interview. For more details, you can also contact Nicole Blean at email@example.com.
Writing Center Tutors work one-on-one with Mt. SAC students on various writing topics. The main responsibility of a writing tutor is to improve student writers' skills. In order to do this, tutors must be familiar with the writing process, writing strategies, research strategies, and grammar rules. Tutors will rely on tutoring methods learned in TUTR 10A and 10B to work with students. (Students can receive paid training to earn a tutoring certificate, which will be a great addition to your teaching resume!)
Tutors in the Classroom (TCs)are placed and work with a specific English professor and class. Their duties include one-on-one tutoring and group tutoring sessions for their class held in the Writing Center. Tutors also support group work in the classroom. Additionally, tutors in the classroom are expected to create group writing topics, and be familiar with the writing process, writing strategies, research strategies, grammar rules, and all course-specific materials.
WRITING CENTER TUTOR:APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION:
- A grade of "A" or "B" in English 1A or its equivalent at another institution
- Completion of at least one semester of college course work
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enrolled in 6 units during the fall and spring semesters
- Two faculty recommendations on writing ability and people skills.
- Required Experience: at least one semester of tutoring writing (for TCs only)
For complete application information, visit https://www.mtsac.edu/writingcenter/application.html
- LAUSD Step Up Tutoring (Volunteer)
Volunteers will help a Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) student improve academically by cultivating their interest in learning. Participating students are 3rd - 6th graders from underserved communities.
Per LAUSD request, all tutors must complete a Live Scan background check.*
- Conduct lessons online
- Coordinate scheduling with the student’s family via text
- Commit to a 3-month period meeting twice a week
- Provide weekly feedback to the student’s teacher
- Bachelor’s Degree (or in progress) – community college students are also accepted
- 18 years of age or older
- Residing in California (for Live Scan purposes)
- Tech-savvy, organized, energetic and committed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid internet access
- Fingerprinting background check (Live Scan)
- Enjoy working with kids!
- Volunteer applies online
- Volunteer completes a 15 min interview
- Conditionally accepted volunteers begin training and fingerprinting
- 2-3 self-paced online modules
- 1 hour live training
- Volunteer tutor is matched with a student.
*Students who attend the Wednesday, March 3rd information session will qualify for the reimbursement of live scan fees.
- TPI Buddy Program (Volunteer for busy individuals with limited available time)
TPI Buddy Program
Sign up today at TPI Buddy Application
Questions? Contact: TPI Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is TPI Buddy? TPI Buddy program is informal mentorship that TPI students offers to Mt SAC students. Mentees include ESL students, new MT SAC students and anyone who enjoys having a friendly buddy on campus.
TPI students = TPI Buddies. Starting Fall 2021, all TPI students are expected to participate in at least 2 hours of TPI Buddy mentor activity and one ambassador activity per semester. Spring 2022 activities are held virtually or in-person.
TPI Buddy = ambassador. Please promote TPI and upcoming TPI orientations in your class(es) and in the MT SAC community. The flyer for orientation and info sheet will be provided for you.
TPI Buddy mentor activities. You will be paired with an ESL mentee and help with their English questions and building their conversational skills and/or run ESL workshops. All TPI students are asked to join TPI Canvas Hub@ https://tinyurl.com/TPIHUB
Run workshop for ESL Students! Want to run one hour virtual workshop for ESL students on things textbooks don't teach them? Possible topics: Internet slang, music, movie, everyday idioms. TPI provides you with a template you can use to create a fun and casual workshop.
- Walnut Valley Unified School District after school program (Volunteer)
Walnut Valley Unified School District is currently seeking after school program volunteers for the 2022-2023 school year who can help ELD (English Language Development) students with their homework.
The knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese is a plus. Volunteers need to be available at least 1-2 days a week throughout Fall 2022 and Spring 2023.
This is an on-site, in-person program.
Walnut High School (currently seeking Spanish speaking tutors)
Tuesdays and/or Thursdays - 11:20 to 12:00
Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays - After school - 3:30 to 4:30
Diamond Bar High School from 3:30 to 4:30 (weekday)
Prior to commencing services, a volunteer is required to complete all of the following:
The WVUSD Application Package is available
a. Submit a completed application each school year
b. Provide a copy of a California Driver’s License or California I.D.
c. Provide proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination
d. Clear Tuberculosis test (good for 4 years) Fees paid by applicant (Mt. SAC Health Center offers TB testing)
e. Undergo a background check using Megan’s Law each school year. Verify under Megan’s Law website that the volunteer is not a registered sex offender. No fees. (This process takes approximately one week)
1) Sign up on the Google form, 2) complete the application package, and 3) email it to Jenny Kwan-Hata, ELD Program Specialist: email@example.com
- Mastery Learning Hour (Volunteer)Do you want to make a difference in a child's learning? Mastery Learning Hours is seeking student volunteers to help meet the needs of millions of families who are struggling to catch up on learning as schools re-open.
Free training is provided so experience is not required.Tutoring with masteryhour.org is much like being a homework helper for a younger sibling or a peer!
Interested? Learn more or apply at masteryhour.org/tutor
- Mt. SAC Career Center (job search engine)
*Disclaimer: Unless stated, Mt. SAC's Teacher Preparation Institute is not responsible for any listing on this site. All postings are updated on a monthly basis and/or as needed. It is the responsibility of the seeker to verify and apply to featured employment & volunteer positions.