|Anatomy and Physiology for Paramedics
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to describe and illustrate the functions of cells, tissues, organs and organ systems as they relate to paramedic practices and patient care.
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to define and describe each of the human body systems including function, normal physiology and pathological states of concern to the paramedic's scope of practice as well as describe and classify the paramedic management skills employed in treating the common problems involving each body system.
|Cardiology for Paramedics
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to identify and describe the anatomy of the cardiovascular system, Identify and describe the physiology of the normal heart, Identify and describe the pathophysiology of the abnormal heart as well as describe the electrophysiology and conduction of a heartbeat
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will Recognize and describe the characteristics and hemodynamic significance of and appropriate interventions for static and dynamic: a) sinus rhythms, b) atrial rhythms, c) junctional rhythms, d) heart blocks, pacer rhythms.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will evaluate various cardiac patients and describe the pertinent findings that affect treatment protocols. Evaluate and contrast various treatment algorithms when given various heart disease scenarios
|Paramedic Clinical Internship
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will demonstrate appropriate patient assessment skills, demonstrate the ability to utilize appropriate communications skills and demeanor with the patient, family, and hospital staff and demonstrate assertiveness in emergency situations as evidenced by proper assessment and selection of interventions.
- Upon successful completion of Clinical Internship, students will have completed Assessments and evaluations on patients in each hospital department assigned, stating correct diagnosis and appropriate paramedic intervention as well completing the required number of patient contacts by category as required by the state of California.
|Paramedic Field Externship
- Upon successful completion of Field Internship, 100% of students will demonstrate all required clinical skills to the same standards as required for certification, demonstrate proper scene assessment and intervention, including scene safety and need for additional resources and demonstrate appropriate patient assessment skills
- Upon successful completion of Field Internship, students will complete the required number of patient contacts by category, demonstrate appropriate communication skills and demeanor with patients, significant others, and field personnel, Demonstrate assertiveness in emergency situations, determine appropriate paramedic protocols for each intervention and demonstrate judgment in selection and application and demonstrate the ability to assess and evaluate patients in field situations, correctly determining chief complaint, selecting and performing correct intervention.
|Paramedic Skills Competency
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to evaluate simulated patients, accurately determine problems, and select correct treatment modalities.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to explain and demonstrate proper radio communication techniques and protocols in simulations.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will analyze and demonstrate the appropriate usage of each splint, adjunct device, etc. as well as identify the protocol involving the appropriate application of each device.