This group consists of fourteen auditioned singers who specialize in vocal jazz music.
During their existence, they have performed numerous concerts at Mt. San Antonio College and have participated in a variety of collegiate festivals and competitions throughout the United States and beyond. Some of their past performance invitations, awards and honors include:
- Three-time winners of the Monterey “Next Generation Jazz Festival” in Monterey, CA.
- Three performance invitations as guest artists at the prestigious Monterey Jazz Festival.
- Fourteen time winner of the Downbeat Magazine award as the number one two-year college vocal jazz group in the United States.
- Five time winner of the Downbeat Magazine award for “Outstanding Performance”.
- Invitational performances at the International Association of Jazz Educators (IAJE) Conventions, in New York City, Toronto, and in Long Beach.
- Invitational performance at the Jazz Education Network (JEN) National Conference in New Orleans.
- Opening act for the "Real Group" at the Apollo Theater in New York City.
- Headline performers at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City, with special guest artist Darmon Meader.
- Headline performers at the Canadian Rocky Mountain Music Festival in Banff.
- Headline performance at the ANCA Choralfest Convention in Port Macquarie, Australia.
- First place trophy winners at the International American Choral Competition in Reno, Nevada and winners of the overall "Grand Prix Prize".
- Concert tour to Guangzhou, China, and Platinum Medal winners at the 1st Xinghai International Choral Competition.
- Gold Medal winners at the Grand Prix of Nations choral competition in Magdeburg, Germany.
- Award winners at the Reno Jazz Festival, in Reno, NV.
- Participated as guest artists for the L.A. Vocal Jazz Workshop where they performed with Steve Zegree, Michele Weir and Darmon Meader from the “New York Voices”.
- Performed at the ACDA Western Regional Convention in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Performances at B.B. King’s and the Baked Potato nightclubs in Hollywood.
- Performances at Steamers Jazz Club in Fullerton and Campus Jax in Newport Beach.
- Combined with a professional orchestra from Los Angeles to perform “Star Wars In Concert” to sell-out audiences at the Honda Center and the Nokia Theater.
Singcopation members have recorded eighteen CDs, all of which are available by contacting the Mt. SAC Choral Department or the Box Office. “Singcopation” is also available for private parties and/or club performances.
For additional information, contact Professor Bruce Rogers