Note: The US Department of Education requires new student loan borrowers to complete Loan Entrance Counseling.
Federal Direct Loan (Sub/Unsub) Loan Request Deadlines
|2023 Fall Semester||November 15, 2023 (by 7:00 PM)|
|2024 Spring Semester||May 15, 2024 (by 7:00 PM)|
Federal Direct Loan (Sub/Unsub) Loan Disbursement Dates
|1st Disbursement||October 5, 2023|
|2nd Disbursement||November 2, 2023|
|1st Disbursement||March 14, 2024|
|2nd Disbursement||April 18, 2024|
To apply for a Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan, a student must:
- Complete the FAFSA
- Meet basic student eligibility criteria (student loans)
- Meet general eligibility criteria (parent loans)
- Complete all pending financial aid requirements (if applicable)
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Be advised that you will not be given the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan Application if you do not meet the requirements listed above. No exceptions.
Note: Should you decide to request a student loan OR Parent PLUS loan you will need to submit the following with your application:
- Current and Comprehensive/Full Educational Plan signed by an Educational Counselor or Advisor (Assessment Questionnaire (AQ)/Assessment Test must be taken)
- Copy of State issued I.D. or Driver's License and Social Security Card
- Copy of proof of completion of online Entrance Counseling
The Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan applications can only be obtained by calling our Financial Aid Office at (909) 274-4450. Please note our Office Hours as they may change without notice.
- What is a Loan?
- A Minute to Learn It - Borrowing Student Loans
- How Do I Apply for Federal Loans?
- Federal Direct Student Loan Limits