Support Services for Faculty
Identify the right place to start when you have a question or a request. Find resources that you can share with students to answer common student questions about technology.
Self-Guided Canvas Help
Start with resources you can access anytime to answer your questions.
- Canvas Guides for Instructors
- Use these self-guided resources first.
- Mt. SAC Canvas Faculty Center
- Find local information about apps that are integrated into our Canvas instance.
- Learn about local settings on our Canvas account.
- Find useful suggestions for resources that support you and your students.
- Consider Google
- Many colleges have created useful tutorials and videos that apply generally to answer common Canvas questions.
- Sometimes this can lead you more easily to the Canvas Guide you need.
Facilitated Help Resources
There are several resources where a person can offer you assistance
- Mt. SAC Helpdesk
- When in doubt, submit a ticket to the helpdesk. Our helpdesk will route your question or request to the right service.
- You can also call 909-274-4357
- You can also email email@example.com
- Canvas Help Services
- Under "Help"> FAculty Canvas Support in the left-side Canvas menu, you will find options to email, live chat, or call (toll-free) Canvas support to get assistance from a person.
- 24/7 Canvas helpline: 833-345-2892 (faculty line)
- Canvas Live Chat 24/7 for faculty (can access from Help button in Canvas)
- Faculty Center for Learning Technology: Instructional Design Assistance
- The FCLT instructional designers and trainers can help you design course elements using Canvas and the tools integrated within Canvas.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 274-5016
- Faculty Accessibility Center in Canvas
- This site gives basic info on the tools, resources, and processes to meet accessibility policies at Mt. SAC. Note that you can enroll in this course from the home page so it shows up on your course dashboard for easy reference.
- Accessibility web page
- This page will lead you to additional resources, including captioning and document remediation services to help make PDFs accessible.
I need help with...
|Help Need||Unit that Supports|
|Argos, Banner, equipment provision, Office 365, noninstructional technology, phones, Portal, website, website/document accessibility, wifi.||IT Helpdesk Support|
|Online class information, online services and programs,how to get started online||Mt. SAC Online|
|Schedule of training opportunities for faculty, transcript of professional learning, Vision Resource Center community and online self-paced training options (Lynda/LinkedIn training, Skillsoft, @ONE), FOMA Readiness questions, sign up for SPOT training.|
|Smartboards, classroom audiovisual equipment and training, captioning services, public event support|
|Information about student accommodations and accessibility opinions, including live captioners and sign language interpreters|
|Check my SPOT certification or when my SPOT recertification is due. Learn about SPOT and SPOT recertification|
Resources for Students that Professors Can Provide
- Tutoring for Students discover the many forms of academic student support including math, writing, and subject-specific supports, both online and on campus.
- Distance Learning Support for Students web resources for those interested in online courses at Mt. SAC.
- ACCESS request accommodations and learn about accessibility resources.
- Mountie Student Hub is a hub inside Canvas that gives students useful info on how to use Canvas and links to a multitude of support resources at Mt. SAC .
- Canvasadors (in Canvas) Peer Mentors on using Canvas and other learning technologies for students.