How do I Qualify?


Student must:

  • Be a California resident or qualify as a California Dream Act Student
  • Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units (If you are a current/former foster youth and/or have a verified learning disability and/or are a single parent/head of household, you may enroll in a minimum of 9 units)
  • Qualify to receive the College Promise Grant (formerly known as the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) under method A, B, or C with a $0 Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
  • Have earned fewer than 40-degree applicable units with a 2.00 GPA


In addition, you must meet ONE of the following educationally disadvantaged criteria:

  • Previously or currently in remedial education courses (Math and/or English)
  • Foster Youth (former or current)
  • Did not graduate from high school or obtained a General Educational Diploma (GED)
  • High School Grade Point Average (GPA) below 2.50
  • Be a first-generation college (parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have not completed a college degree)
  • English is not the primary language within the household