Ask Joe

Counseling Center Forms


Please submit forms using SmartSheet System

  • Forms such as Pre-requisite Override Request, Over Unit Petition, Orientation Exemption (Student Success & Support) will require up to 3 business days to process.

  • All form(s) & support document(s) submission should be in PDF format & should be submitted together

  • Any missing supporting document(s) will be consider incomplete & will be returned to student for correction

  • Forms are fillable when using GOOGLE CHROME web browser

    • Semester Pre-Requisite Override Request

      Semester Prerequisite Override Request Smartsheet icon

      Students who have completed a pre-requisite course at another college or university, may request a prerequisite override* through the Counseling Center.

      *Students MUST attach unofficial transcript as documentation of course(s) completed
      * Prerequisite override request must be resubmitted each semester

    • Over-Unit Petition (Over 7 units Summer/Winter or over 18 units Fall & Spring)

      Over 7/18 Units Petition Smartsheet Icon

      Student may enroll in a maximum of 18 units in Spring and Fall, and a maximum of 7 units in Summer and winter session.

      Student who have completed a minimum of 15 college units in a given semester
      with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher

      have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.

    • Orientation Exemption Form (Student Success & Support Form)

      Student Success and Support Form

      Please submit completed form(s) to:

      Students are exempt from Orientation and Counseling/Advisement if they met one or more of the following:

      1. Graduated with an Associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
        Must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of degree attainment.
      2. Enrolled at the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of a basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence.
      3. Earned 60 units or more from a regionally accredited institution.
        Must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of units earned from another institution.
      4. Enrolled at Mt. SAC solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standings.
      5. Enrolled as a special admit student pursuant to Education Code section 76001.


    • IGETC or CSU GE Certification Request Form

      IGETC or CSU GE Certification Request Form Smartsheet Icon

      Students who are required to submit verification of the completion of the CSU and/or IGETC General Education pattern to their transfer institution may request a CSU or IGETC certification through the Counseling Center.


    • Dismissal Appeal (Spring & Fall)

      Dismissal Appeal Submission


      Due to the continued effects of COVID-19, students will NOT be dismissed for Fall 2021. Consequently, there will not be a dismissal appeals process.
      If you are returning from dismissal, please contact Counseling
      at (909) 274-4380 to schedule a Reinstatement Counseling
      appointment or Reinstatement Workshop no later than Friday, February 25, 2022.


    • Academic Progress Report

      Academic Progress Report

      Students have academic standing of Probation, Continued Probation, or Reinstated Dismissed must schedule a counseling appointment and submit an Academic Progress Report by week 8 of each semester until they return to Good Standing.


    • Over 100-Unit Appeal Form & Online Submission

      Over 100 Units Appeal Form

      Students who have earned 100 or more degree applicable units and lose priority registration may request an appeal through the Counseling Center.

      Due to COVID-19 and campus closure, appeals will be accepted by submission to:

      An Educational Plan is not necessary with your appeal at this time.
      The deadline date for Spring 2022 appeal is Wednesday January 5th , 2022.

      If you are  reapplying to Mt. SAC as a returning student and have not been enrolled for a year or more, you will not be able to appeal to restore your registration date at this time.  You will, however, be eligible to appeal for the next semester after you complete your first semester back at Mt. SAC.

      Please type your written statement in the body of the email with your ID number and attach the appeal form to the email.
      We apologize for any inconvenience.


    • Special Admit Application Packet

      Special Admit Application Packet

      The Special Admit Program is open to high school students who would benefit from taking advanced scholastic or vocational work at Mt. San Antonio College. Through this program, students can complete college level courses during the Summer, Fall and Spring semesters.

      Visit the Special Admit webpage and learn how to get a jumpstart on college courses while still in high school!

      Please visit Special Admit webpage



*** Broken a:14675 www: GetAdobeReader ***