The Department of Police and Campus Safety
General Parking Information
STUDENT PARKING PERMITS
A Parking Permit is required & parking regulations are enforced in all Students Lots during Fall, Spring, Winter and Summer sessions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Student Permits are valid only in Student Lots.
Student Parking Permit Fees:
- $50 Fall/Spring Semester – Regular Permit
- $25 Fall/Spring Semester – BOG Permit
- $25 Winter/Summer Intersession – Regular Permit
- $4 Daily Parking Rate
- $30 Replacement Fee Fall/Spring Semester
- $15 Replacement Fee Winter/Summer Intersession
Online Parking Permit Purchase Information
Now you can order your parking permit conveniently online 24/7! After registering for classes in your portal, go to #31 on your Student Tab. That will take you to the webpage of our permit vendor, Credentials Order Processing Services, to complete your order. Enter your mailing address, license plate and registration information for each vehicle you drive, and your credit card information. Credentials will process your permit and mail it to you approximately within a week. You can print a temporary permit to display in the meantime. There is no cost for students to purchase permits online. It is easier, faster, and strongly encouraged.
For students who don’t have credit cards, you can still buy your permit at the Bursar’s Office during business hours while supplies last. Be sure to bring all of your vehicle registration information.
DISPLAY OF PERMIT
Student and staff parking permits must be clearly displayed. The student parking permit decal must be affixed to the driver’s side wind shield, at the lower left hand corner. The staff parking permit hanger must be displayed from the rear view mirror, or a window sticker affixed to the left side of the rear window, or a bumper sticker affixed to the left side of the rear bumper. Day use parking permits must be placed face up on the vehicle’s driver’s side dash board. Failure to display a valid parking permit will result in the issuance of a parking citation. (AP6750) It is the policy of the College to dismiss parking citations for students who have purchased a parking permit and who have been issued a parking citation for “No Valid Permit Displayed” or “Improper Display of Permit” in a student parking lot, if dismissal is requested within 35 calendar days of citation issuance and a $5 processing fee has been paid to cover the cost of processing these dismissals. Only one parking citation per semester will be dismissed for these reasons.
A refund of the fee will be made through the end of the second week of the fall and spring semesters, and the first week of the winter and summer intersessions. The permit must be returned with the application for refund. If it has already been affixed to the window/bumper, it must be removed and the pieces returned.
SPECIAL PARKING AREAS
- VISITORS: Thirty-minute (30) and ten-minute (10) parking areas are designated with green curbs. Visitors who need to park for longer time may use parking meter stalls found in certain parking lots on campus, or park in one of two pay lots—Pay Lot A and Pay Lot B—daily parking fee is $4.00.
- DAY-USE PARKING PERMITS: Day-use parking permit dispensers have been installed at various areas in student parking lots. Day-use parking permits may be purchased from these machines for a $4.00 fee and are good for the date of purchase only. The parking permits will allow persons to park their vehicles in any student lot. Day-use parking permits are NOT valid in metered parking stalls or pay lot.
- METERED PARKING: Metered parking is available for visitors in certain parking lots on campus (25¢ for each 15 minutes; 4 hour maximum) PERMITS ARE NOT VALID IN METERED STALLS. State Disabled Persons placards allowed at meters.
- DISABLED PERSONS PARKING: Vehicles parked in the Blue-Lined Disabled Persons Parking Stalls are required to properly display a current State issued Disabled Persons placard. Individuals with a short-term special parking needs can contact the student Health Center, ext. 4400 for consideration of a temporary, limited medical parking permit.
- To disabled individuals who possess a State Disabled Persons Placard and receive a
citation for failing to display their placard, who request a citation dismissal and
submit their current Disabled Placard documentation as evidence that a placard had
been issued to them, must pay a $25.00 administrative fee to process the cancellation
of the citation as per California Vehicle Code Section 40226.
- 40226. An issuing agency may, in lieu of collecting a fine for a citation for failure to display a disabled placard, charge an administrative fee not to exceed twenty-five dollars ($25) to process cancellation of a citation in any case where the individual who received the citation can show proof that he or she had been issued a valid placard at the time the citation was received (Added Sec. 5, Ch. 640, Stats. 2002. Effective January 1, 2003).
- STAFF LOTS: All faculty & staff must have a current, valid staff parking permit in designated staff parking lots. Temporary staff parking permits may be obtained from Parking Services, Bldg. 23. Staff permits cannot be used in metered stalls.
- MOTORCYCLES: As long as traffic is not obstructed, students may park in student lots only at the end of parking rows within the lines if not marked NO PARKING with a student permit. A motorcycle parked in a parking stall must display a student parking permit. A staff permit is required on all motorcycles parked in staff lots.