Get help. Speak up. Never okay.
Sexual Violence is never tolerated at Mt. SAC!
If you, or another student, become the victim of sexual violence:
- Get to a safe place.
- Get help. Call Public Safety from a blue emergency telephone tower or dial 909.274.4555, or call 911 (9-911 from a campus office telephone) or alert any College employee who is nearby.
- Preserve all physical evidence of the assault, even if you are unsure whether you want to report the crime. Do not shower, bathe, wash your hands or face, douche, change or destroy clothing, or brush your hair or teeth until police arrive.
- Save all clothing in a paper bag.
- Do not clean the area or dispose of any items in the immediate area.
- If you do not wish to call the police, ask a friend or family member to take you to a hospital for help.
- For immediate emotional support call Project Sister at 909.626.4357 or National Sexual Assault Hotline 800.656.HOPE
- Confidential personal counseling is available at Student Health Center Bldg 67B, 909.274.4400
- If you have been sexually harassed on campus, and wish to file a complaint, contact Lorraine, Y. Jones, EEO Programs Director at 909.274.4225.
If you see someone in danger of being assaulted:
- Step in, if it is safe and offer assistance. Ask if the person needs help. Call Public Safety ext.4555 or 911 if the danger is imminent.
- Don’t leave. If you remain at the scene and are a witness, the perpetrator is less likely to do anything.
Be an Ally:
- When you go to a party, go with a group of friends. Arrive together, check in with each other frequently and leave together.
- Have a buddy system. Don’t be afraid to let a friend know if you are worried about her/his safety.
- If someone you know has been a victim, encourage them get help and support them.
- If you know about a sexual assault or sexual violence taking place on the college campus, you are encouraged to report the crime to any college employee (instructor, athletic coach, counselor, athletic) or call Public Safety at 909. 274.4555, or Student Life Office 9C, 909.274.4525.
- An Anonymous report can also be made through the Public Safety Text-a-Tip Hot Line at 909.274.9560 or through the web http://textatip.mtsac.edu
The safety of students is the College's primary concern. If you are a victim of an assault and were involved in any possible violation of the Standards of Conduct, such as unlawful possession of any controlled substance, you are still encouraged to report the incident.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline 1.800.656.4673
- Project Sister (24hr rape hotline) 909.626.4357
- Not Alone: Together Against Sexual Assault www.notalone.gov
- Circle of 6- Free app that prevents violence before it happens www.circleof6app.com
- Love is Respect (teen peer hotline) 1.866.331.9474 www.loveisrespect.org
- RAINN-Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network www.rainn.org
- Nurturing Hands-Asian multi-lingual hotline 800.339.3940 www.nurturingchange.org
- Free or low cost legal assistance including immigration LawHelpCa.org