What we do
As a not-for-profit entity, the primary purpose of the Mt. San Antonio College Foundation is to support programs and initiatives that advance the College as well as students’ access to education. This can only be accomplished through the generosity of individual donors and corporate sponsorships. A gift to the Mt. SAC Annual Fund will directly impact the Foundation’s ability to continue its support of the scholarship and academic programs, grant assistance and promoting faculty, staff, student and alumni excellence.
The Foundation builds relationships with people and organizations who we invite to be difference makers for the College. Mt. SAC functions at a level of excellence to education its students. The Mt. SAC Foundation must function at the same level to promote the College.
All gifts at any level are appreciated in this work to change the lives of students!
Gifts at any level are welcome. Donors interested in supporting the Foundation at a level of $1,000 with exclusive access to campus leadership are encouraged to join the President’s Circle.
Mt. SAC Foundation is committed to promoting the highest level of access to education. Our efforts and your charitable gifts make higher education a reality for many students. The foundation’s focus on student success ensures the greatest impact of every donor dollar. A history of limited opportunity is common among our students – many are economically disadvantaged, first in their families to attend college, or single parents creating their own opportunity. Returning veterans, long-time learners, and those with disabilities chose Mt. SAC as their institution of higher education and we take pride and celebrate them. Scholarships provide assistance to all students, no matter what their personal story or journey is. You have the ability to provide access to education for all students.
Donors can give a gift of any amount to the Mt. SAC Foundation Board of Directors Scholarship. Mt. SAC employees are encouraged to support the Associates Scholarship.
With a gift of $500 a new scholarship can be created and named. For more information and to inquire about establishing an endowed scholarship please visit scholarship giving page.
Special Program and Events
The Foundation is also responsible for specified programmatic support of academic programs. These are evolving priorities with the College and needs of faculty. Currently, we are committed to the following initiatives:
- Heritage Hall Education Center
- Deborah Boroch Science Discovery Day – Annual science education for local 4th, 5th and 6th grade students.
- Reach for the Stars – Planetarium experience for low income elementary and middle school students, including transportation, show admission and rocket building exercise.
- Pathways to Success – Accelerated learning community model providing student a unique opportunity to complete a sequence of three math or English courses in two terms (summer/fall or winter/spring). In class tutors and out of class tutoring are provided to ensure success.
- Arts Division – Karl Benjamin Public Art Project. The mosaic triangle series unveiled in the Art Complex in 2014 is the first in a series of reproductions of the internationally renowned Claremont artist Karl Benjamin.