Child Development Workforce Initiative (CDWFI)
The Mt. SAC Child Development Workforce Initiative (CDWFI) aims to recruit, train, advance, and support students on the pathway to becoming early care and education professionals. We strengthen the competencies of current and prospective professionals in the early care and education workforce by supporting their educational advancement and certificate, permit and degree attainment.
Services and activities provided by the Child Development Workforce Initiative include:
- Academic and career counseling with a dedicated counselor specialized in Child Development
- Development of a Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Academic tutoring and mentoring
- Textbook loans
- Help with Child Development permit applications
- University transfer workshops
- Pediatric 1st Aid & CPR training
- Financial support stipends
- Enriching workshops from professionals in the ECE field
The CDWFI grant is funded by Los Angeles Universal Preschool (LAUP) and is a collaborative of 9 community colleges and numbers of universities in Los Angeles County. For specifics about CDWFI, click on the links above.
Our offices are located in the new Child Development Complex, Building 73 – 1801, located on the NW corner of Walnut Drive and Bonita Drive on the Mt. SAC campus.
Lynn Matthiesen, CDWFI Specialist, email@example.com 909 274-4682
Amy Kramer, CDWFI Academic Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org 909 274-5124
Tony Henry, CDWFI Coordinator, email@example.com 909 274-4645