Steps to Apply and Enroll
You are a new student if you've never attended college before.
1 Step 1: Apply
New students can complete and submit the Mt. SAC online application here. Please browse the information and tips below to ensure you're ready to begin the application process. For important dates and deadlines, be sure to check out our Academic Calendar.
Before You Start Your Application
- Have your social security number ready, if you have one.
- Collect the names and dates (month and year) of all high schools and colleges attended.
- Have a valid email address ready, one that you check frequently. This is where we'll send follow-up information about your application. If you do not have one, we recommend that you create an email account prior to applying.
- (If applicable) Have your permanent resident card ready.
After You Submit Your Application
- Be sure to check your email regularly. You will get a welcome email confirmation 1-2 weeks after you submit your application containing very important information (such as a confirmation code that you will need in the future). This message will be sent to the email address you provided when you registered with the CCCApply website.
- Once you have been assigned a Mt. SAC identification number and username (provided in your Welcome Email), you will need to set up your My Mt. SAC Portal in order to enroll for classes and view other important information.
- Sign up for a Mountie Fast Track Info Sessions - The fastest way to get in and started
at Mt. SAC. To sign up, click the following link:
- Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment process, including any required assessment tests and orientation. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.
If you have questions about your application, contact our Admissions and Records office at (909) 274-4415.
2 Step 2: Get Financial Aid
On average, tuition is just $1,400 per year to attend Mt. San Antonio College full time. Most students receive financial aid to bring this cost down even further and help cover other expenses.
Fill out a FAFSA
One of the most important financial aid documents to fill out is your FAFSA, a document that college students must fill out every year they are in school to help determine their financial need and aid eligibility. The FAFSA opens on January 1st of each year. You should fill out your FAFSA as soon as you can after January 1st of each school year. Learn more about what the FAFSA is and how to complete it here.
We strongly encourage all of our students to apply for some form of financial aid. Learn about the different types of financial aid and programs at our Financial Aid page.
Calculate Your Costs for College
Mt. SAC provides a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate their college costs. The "net price" of college is the real price that a student pays -- the cost minus the financial aid awards you might qualify for. Our Net Price Calculator can help you estimate the true cost of attending college at Mt. SAC and give you an idea of the types of financial aid awards you qualify for. You can find out more about and use our Net Price Calculator here.
3 Step 3: Attend Test Information Sessions
All students attending Mt. San Antonio College are required to be assessed (through placement tests) to ensure appropriate course placement. Placement Test Information Sessions prepare students for any required placement tests and provide an opportunity for students to ask questions about the tests. The welcome email you receive 1-2 weeks after you submit your application indicates the placement tests you need to take before completing the enrollment process.
Placement Test Information Sessions are held at numerous times during the day and evening. For more information, contact the Assessment Center at (909) 274-4265 or visit the Assessment webpage to learn more about the tests and preparation sessions.
4 Step 4 : Get Assessed
All students attending Mt. San Antonio College are required to be assessed to ensure appropriate course placement. The welcome email you receive 1-2 weeks after you submit your application indicates the placement tests you need to take before completing the enrollment process. If you’re not sure which placement tests you need to take, contact our Assessment Center at (909) 274-4265.
The assessment process and placement tests help you decide which classes are best to take as you start your college career, ensuring that your time at Mt. SAC is successful.
Register for Placement Tests
- Sign up for Test Information Sessions
- Complete the Student Success Inventory
- Make an appointment to take the placement test(s)
We also highly recommend that you read over some quick information regarding the tests to help you do your best.
Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment process, including any required assessment tests and orientation. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.
For more information, contact our Assessment Center at (909) 274-4265.
5 Step 5: Attend Orientation
As a new student, you must complete an orientation after you have completed your assessment process. There are two orientation options that meet this requirement: online orientation and in-person orientation.
Online orientation is only for students who have already attended college. To access the online orientation go to your My Mt. SAC Portal and click the "Student Success" tab. After you complete the online orientation, you should make a counseling appointment online to complete a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP).
In-person orientation is designed for first-time college students and is held on the Mt. SAC campus. The in-person orientation is a group session lead by our college counselors. It helps students get acquainted with our campus and college life in general.
At the in-person orientation you will:
- Get one-on-one help from experienced Mt. SAC counselors.
- Get help and guidance with the registration process.
- Complete a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP) and learn how to get the best possible registration date.
- Meet other students and get acquainted with the Mt. SAC campus and college life.
We offer many different orientation dates and times. You can schedule your orientation:
- Online: Click the "Student Success" tab in your My Mt. SAC Portal and follow the steps listed.
- In Person: Visit the Counseling Center (Student Services Building 9B, 2nd floor).
- Over the phone: Call the Counseling Center at (909) 274-4380.
Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment process. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.
Exemption from Orientation
If one of the following statements applies to you, you may be exempt from orientation:
- I have graduated with an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. You must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of degree attainment.
- I have enrolled at the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of a basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence.
- I have earned 60 units or more from a regionally accredited institution. You must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of units earned from another institution.
- I am enrolled at Mt. SAC solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standings.
- I am enrolled as a special admit student pursuant to Education Code section 76001.
If you think you are exempt from orientation:
- Download our Student Success Form and bring it along with the supporting documents (listed above in steps 1 through 5) to the Counseling Center (2nd floor of Building 9B) or fax them to (909) 274-2413.
- Call the Counseling Center at (909) 274-4380 if you want to find out more about orientation exemptions.
Questions about orientation? Call (909) 274-4380.
6 Step 6: Meet With Counseling
Before registering for classes, every Mt. San Antonio College student should have a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP). You can create your MAP during the in-person orientation or by making a counseling appointment. Your MAP will help ensure that, while you're at Mt. SAC, you take the classes that best fit your goals -- whether you want to earn your degree or certificate, advance your career, or transfer to a four-year university. Our counselors will discuss the different options and programs you might be interested in based on your goals, then help you determine what courses you need to take to achieve them.
Schedule your Mountie Academic Plan Appointment
- Visit our office, located on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building (9B).
- Our office hours are Monday-Thursday from 8 am - 7 pm and Friday from 8 am - 4:30 pm.
- We are closed on Fridays in the Summer.
- Call the counseling team at (909) 274-4380.
Mt. SAC Counseling Services
- We help students plan their coursework based on what they want to accomplish at Mt. SAC.
- We help students prepare to transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- We help students determine their career and educational goals and plan for success.
- We help students with personal and academic challenges.
- Learn more about how our counselors can help you
- Visit our office, located on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building (9B).
7 Step 7: Register for Classes
Once you have taken your assessment tests, completed orientation and met with a counselor. Check your registration date by using your My Mt. SAC Portal under the "Student" tab. You may register for classes using your My Mt. SAC Portal on or after your assigned date and time.
All students must pay their tuition and fees upon registering for classes, so be sure you are ready to do so when you register. If you don't pay your fees by the drop for non-payment deadline, you will be automatically dropped from your classes. Drop for non-payment deadlines are posted on the My Mt. SAC Portal under the "Schedule/Receipt" tab. If you want to learn more about your fees, click the "Pay Fees" button at the top of this page.
If you're ready to register, visit our Registration Section for more information on how to select and register for your classes.
8 Step 8: Pay Your Fees
- You can pay fees online with a credit card (in your My Mt. SAC Portal) or in person at the Bursar's Office Building 4).
- If you pay online, be sure to print your Student Schedule/Receipt. It has important information and deadlines regarding payment, refunds, and dropping classes.
- Deadlines for payment are posted in your My Mt. SAC Portal on your Student Schedule/Receipt.
- If you fail to pay for your classes by the designated deadlines, you may be dropped from those classes.
- After paying fees, you can obtain your picture Student ID at the bookstore in Building 9A.